Stage 2 of the district’s drought contingency plan has been triggered.
Please limit irrigation and lawn watering to the days indicated below.
- Thursdays & Sundays for Retail Water Customers with an Even Numbered Address (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8)
- Tuesdays & Saturdays for Retail Water Customers with an Odd Numbered Address (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9)
- Thursdays and Sundays for Retail Water Customers responsible for watering common areas.
Irrigation of landscaped areas is further mandatory limited to between the hours of 9:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 2:00 a.m. on the following day(s). However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted at any time if it is by means of a hand-held hose equipped with a functioning positive shut-off device, a faucet filled bucket or watering can of five (5) gallons or less, or drip irrigation system.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except between the hours of 9:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 2:00 a.m. on the following day(s). Such washing, when allowed, shall be done with a hand-held bucket or a handheld hose equipped with a functioning positive shut-off device. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be granted a variance from this restriction in accordance with Section XI of this Plan if the health, safety, or welfare of the public is contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and perishables.
- Use of water to fill, refill, or add to any Aesthetic Water Use is prohibited except between the hours of 9:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 2:00 a.m. on the following day(s).
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond for aesthetic or scenic purposes is prohibited except where necessary to support aquatic life or where such fountains or ponds are equipped with a recirculation system.
- Use of water from hydrants shall be limited to firefighting, related activities, or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety, and welfare, except that use of water from designated fire hydrants for construction purposes may be allowed under special permit from the District.
- Use of water for the irrigation of golf course greens, tees, and fairways is prohibited except between the hours of 9:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 2:00 a.m. on the following day(s). However, if the golf course utilizes a water source for irrigation other than that provided by the District’s potable water supply system, the golf course shall not be subject to this restriction.
- All restaurants are prohibited from serving water to their patrons except when requested.
- All other Non-essential Water Uses are prohibited.