Today we have received an enormous amount of rainfall within the district and earlier today we lost power at the storm water drainage system pump station. Power has been restored and the pump station is currently running at full capacity. Please check this website for updates.
The Board of Directors for MCMUD 89 are monitoring Tropical Depression Imelda and its effects within the District. Please check this website for updates.
Today’s isolated heavy rain event may have dumped about 4 inches in less than an one hour causing rain water to backup on several streets. The Storm Drainage Pump System is operational and being monitored by Municipal Operations Consulting, as well as MUD 89. Please be safe and monitor local weather reports and warnings for the next several days.
The District is having a community meeting on Thursday, November 8, 2018, at 6:30 p.m., at the Legends Ranch Recreation Center & Clubhouse, 2801 Legends Ranch Drive, Spring, Texas 77386. The Board will be conducting a presentation and taking questions and comments from the community.
1. Open Montgomery County Election Central Website at: http://legacy.mctx.org/election
2. Click on “Check your voter registration status” on the webpage.
3. On the next page Enter your name and date of birth. You must be a registered voter to see ballot.
4. Click on “Sample Ballot” in the center of the page.
The Board of Directors of Montgomery County Municipal Utility District No. 89 approves property tax reduction of 6.28 cents and a 5% homestead exemption for 2018-19 budget.
The Board of Directors of Montgomery County Municipal Utility District No. 89 has recently approved two property tax cost reduction measures for 2018-19 budget. First, a 5% homestead exemption of the county appraisal value will go into effect this year. Secondly, the district cut 6.28 cents from last years tax rate, reducing property tax bills across the district. The overall average property tax savings per bill will be about $250.00 on a county property appraisal value of $225,000 with the homestead exemption. Your actual tax savings will vary based upon each individual property appraisal value.
The District is underway with another improvement project. All traffic signage throughout Legends Ranch and Legends Run are being replaced to bring the signage into compliance with the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (TMUTCD). The Contractor completing the work is Stripes & Stops Company, Inc. and they are expected to be complete in June 2018.
- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Prepare before hurricane season starts. Pacific hurricane season starts May 15 and Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Check your insurance coverage, damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
- Listen to local officials.